SEASONAL ROLE: LEAD IN OUTDOOR PLANT SALES
This is a temporary, seasonal position
Schedule: To be mutually agreed upon. Weekend availability is required.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Please read this job description thoroughly and drop off your printed resume in person at our shop located at 806 Arcturus Drive, Colorado Springs, CO, 80905
- Physical resumes must be received before April 15th
- Once your resume is received and we feel you are a good fit we will contact you for an interview.
Summerland Gardens is committed to offering personal, knowledgeable service in a welcoming shopping environment. Our small team offers friendly individualized attention to customer needs while exceeding expectations and ensuring the highest quality garden center experience in Colorado Springs.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- General to strong knowledge of landscape plants relevant to the Rocky Mountain region is required. Includes annuals, perennials, shrubs, grasses, trees, vegetables, herbs, etc.
- 1+ years experience in retail sales or customer service roles, horticulture industry preferred
- Must enjoy working with people
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere while dealing with customers/guests, managers, co-workers, and staff in a respectful and timely manner.
- Ability to lift 40-75 lbs intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to listen to customer’s needs and respond with suggestions
- Must be reliable with a strong work ethic
- Clear, concise communication including great listening skills
- Positive and upbeat in appearance and attitude
- Passionate about creating beauty in people’s lives
Physical working conditions:
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions varies; including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- Loading and unloading plants, materials, and supplies (requires lifting more than 50lbs or more).
- Greenhouse duties include daily exposure to heat, water, and dirt.
- Providing excellent customer service. Starting with a welcoming and friendly greeting. Offering patience and care throughout the customer experience answering customer inquiries and assisting in helping customers make the appropriate plant selections for container gardening and landscape design as well as answering all related plant questions.
- Create positive relationships with existing and new customers
- Assist customers with plant pest & disease identification
- Communicate accurate information and establish trust with customers
- Writing up tickets for customers
- Recognize and resolve any hazards which may cause a safety issue (hoses, slippery aisle, rack/pallet blocking aisle, broken bench, etc.).
- Responsible for cleanliness and general appearance of greenhouse, including sweeping, trash removal, and display of plants.
- Assist in maintaining organization throughout the garden center, e.g., pulling products forward on shelves, and returning tools, ladders, and cleaning supplies to their proper places
- Work with owner/manager on staff projects and assignments
Benefits: 20% off purchases, free coffee and snacks, paid lunch time if in-store, and cool cats!
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
All qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, racial status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.