Position: Summerland Gardens Lead Indoor Retail Associate
Schedule: To be mutually agreed upon. Some weekend availability is required.
Compensation: $14 -$16 an hour
- Once you have submitted this google form please drop off a printed resume in person at our shop located at 806 Arcturus Drive, Colorado Springs, CO, 80905
- Applicants that fill out this form but do not drop off a resume in person will not be considered.
- All application materials must be submitted by 4/21/23
Once your application is submitted and your physical resume has been received, if we feel that you fit our needs we will contact you for an in-person interview.
Summerland Gardens is a unique houseplant boutique, neighborhood garden center, and coffee bar located in Colorado Springs. As the Lead Indoor Retail Associate, you will be responsible for providing an excellent customer experience inside our store. This position is ideal for someone who is upbeat, energetic, and positive and who loves working with people. This position requires strong sales and customer service skills, plant knowledge, and a desire to work with people and plants. The primary duties include assisting customers throughout the sales process, indoor plant maintenance and care, and assisting the Summerland team with special projects.
- Exhibit excellent customer service at all times - Greet customers and assist them by recommending and helping them purchase indoor plants that work for their specific conditions.
- Multi-faceted position, from assisting customers on the sales floor and in the coffee shop to checking people out with their purchases.
- Check customers out with lightspeed POS
- Assist the manager in pricing new plant orders and placing new plants on the floor in an organized fashion
- Restock and maintain plant displays
- Assist with repotting customers plants
- Housekeeping - responsible for shop cleanliness including daily sweeping, mopping, cleaning surfaces, washing dishes, and taking out the trash.
- Must be able to tend to a busy store (e.g., answer phones, ring up customer orders, restock floor, etc.)
- Work with owner/manager on staff projects and assignments related to plant care
- Assist in indoor plant orders and trends
- 2 + years of retail experience reflected in excellent sales skills
- Genuine desire to work with people to provide exceptional customer service
- Able to identify a variety of indoor houseplants and their needs to help customers make informed plant decisions
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional work atmosphere while dealing with customers/guests, managers, co-workers, and staff in a respectful and timely manner.
- Ability to lift 40-50lbs intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be reliable with a strong work ethic
- Clear, concise communication including great listening skills
- Positive and upbeat in appearance and attitude
- Passionate about creating beauty in people’s lives
Benefits: 20% off purchases, free coffee and snacks, paid lunch time if in-store, and cool cats!
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
All qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, racial status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.